Join us for the Annual NAMI Picnic
Join NAMI Waukesha for our annual picnic for food, fellowship and fun. We invite all individuals, families and loved ones who are affected by mental illness to join us for this fun event.
NAMI Waukesha will provide the main dish and attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to pass if they are able.
Please let us know if you are planning to attend and how many are in your party by calling NAMI Waukesha at 262-524-8886.
Annual NAMI Picnic Details
Saturday, June 18th 2016
560 Dunbar Ave
NAMI Waukesha voted the Small Nonprofit of the Year
On Thursday, October 15th, NAMI of Waukesha County was honored at the Waukesha County Executive Awards as the Small Nonprofit of the Year. We are truly honored to receive this award from Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow and are thankful for everyone who was involved in choosing NAMI Waukesha as the recipient of this award.
Thank you to all of our volunteers who worked tirelessly to help us accomplish our mission of sharing the hope of recovery with individuals and families affected by mental illness in our community. This award would not be possible without all of our volunteers and supporters.
WRAP: The Wellness Action Recovery Plan
Our hope is to create an engaging WRAP group that serves as a transformative experience for individuals with a mental health diagnosis. The Wellness Recovery Action Plan or WRAP is a self-designed prevention and wellness tool that you can use to get well, and stay well.
NAMI Waukesha and Lutheran Social Services are have created this group in collaboration with Waukesha County Health and Human Services because we see a need for social support while providing assistance and empowerment for young adults like ourselves experiencing a mental health diagnosis.
Who is WRAP for?
Young Adults (18-25) with a mental health diagnosis who are currently receiving treatment.
Group members will participate by referral; if you know someone who may be a good fit for this group please contact Lexi at 262-524-8886.
Please contact Lexi at 262-524-8886 or email@example.com.
Save the Date for NAMIWalks Waukesha 2016!
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Frame Park Picnic Shelter
701 E. Moreland Blvd
Join us for NAMIWalks Waukesha 2016 to raise funds and awareness for mental health. NAMIWalks in Waukesha is our largest fundraiser and awareness building event. NAMIWalks in Waukesha brings together hundreds of individuals in our community to celebrate mental illness recovery, to honor those who have lost their lives to mental illness and to help raise funds, combat stigma and promote awareness.
Free Yoga Classes
Join Certified Yoga Instructor Sharon Sampon for a yoga journey. Yoga is all about balance between breath and movement, effort and relaxation, mind and body.
6:30 to 7:15 PM
217 Wisconsin Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
To sign up for more information call Sharon at 262-542-9027
NAMI Waukesha Survivors Helping Survivors Support Group
Have you recently lost a loved one to suicide? Your feelings of grief, sadness, shock, isolation, anger and guilt may seem overwhelming. You may wonder if you will ever recover. These are normal responses. There is help from others who, like you, have experienced this tragedy. They want to help you recover and, most of all, they want you to know that you are not alone.
Survivors Helping Survivors is open to all family members and friends of a loved one who has completed suicide. There is no need to register, no fee and you are welcome to attend as often as you would like.
PLEASE JOIN US
2nd Tuesday of Each Month
217 Wisconsin Ave, Ste 300
Waukesha, WI 53186.
Please contact Mary at 262-409-2741
Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all families and individuals dealing with a brain disorder. The in-person group experience of NAMI Basics provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meets for six sessions, 2.5 hours each, free of cost.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- A toolkit of information
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects.
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system and juvenile justice system.
- Training in preparedness and emotional resiliency
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively.
- Strategies for self-care and for navigating the challenges presented by mental illness for each family member.
- Empowerment as an effective advocate for your child.
- Confidence and stamina for life-long understanding and support.
- A COMMUNITY. Perhaps most importantly, as a participant you can gain comfort in knowing you are not alone.
NAMI Basics Dates
Start Date: Sat, April 9, 2016
End Date: Sat, May 14, 2016
217 Wisconsin Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
Robyn Hardt-Schultz and Christy Bowden
Please contact Barbara Ducey
P (262) 409-2743