Join NAMI Waukesha for Our Annual Summer Picnic
On Saturday, June 20th individuals and families affected by mental illness are invited to join us for food, games and fun. Attendees are encourages to bring a dish to pass. NAMI will provide the main dish and beverages.
Please call NAMI Waukesha at 262-524-8886 to let us know if you are planning to attend and the number of individuals in your party.
NAMI Summer Picnic Information
Saturday, June 20th
Bethesda Park Picnic Shelter
560 Dunbar Ave
Picnic begins at 11:00 AM
Support NAMI Waukesha by Shopping at Good Harvest Market on Saturday, June 6th
Who doesn't love delicious and healthy food? Good Harvest Market in Pewaukee is generously allowing NAMI Waukesha to participate in their 5 & 5 Fundraiser on Saturday, June 6th. 5% of all purchases at Good Harvest Market this day will be donated to NAMI Waukesha's support, education and advocacy programs for individuals and families affected by mental illness.
Additionally, all customers that day will be given a 5% discount on their purchases that day and they are given the choice to donate that 5% savings to NAMI Waukesha as well. NAMI Waukesha Volunteers and Members of our Board of Directors will be on hand at the brand new Good Harvest Market store to help bag groceries and to help share information about NAMI Waukesha.
So shop local, enjoy delicious, healthy food and support NAMI Waukesha!
If you have any questions or would like to volunteer to represent NAMI Waukesha and help bag groceries, please contact Andrea at 262-409-2742 or email@example.com.
Good Harvest Market 5&5 Fundraiser details
Saturday, June 6th
Good Harvest Market
2205 Silvernail Road
Pewaukee, WI 53072
Free Yoga Classes
Join Certified Yoga Instructor Sharon Sampon for a yoga journey. Yoga is all about balance between breath and movement, effort and relaxation, mind and body.
Wednesdays: May 27th, June 3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th, July 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th
6:30 to 7:15 PM
217 Wisconsin Ave
Waukesha, WI 53186
To sign up for more information call Sharon at 262-542-9027
NAMI Waukesha Survivors Helping Survivors Support Group
Have you recently lost a loved one to suicide? Your feelings of grief, sadness, shock, isolation, anger and guilt may seem overwhelming. You may wonder if you will ever recover. These are normal responses. There is help from others who, like you, have experienced this tragedy. They want to help you recover and, most of all, they want you to know that you are not alone.
Survivors Helping Survivors is open to all family members and friends of a loved one who has completed suicide. There is no need to register, no fee and you are welcome to attend as often as you would like.
PLEASE JOIN US
2nd Tuesday of Each Month
217 Wisconsin Ave, Ste 300
Waukesha, WI 53186.
Please contact Mary at 262-409-2741
Recovery is a journey and there is hope for all families and individuals dealing with a brain disorder. The in-person group experience of NAMI Basics provides the opportunity for mutual support and positive impact. You can experience compassion and reinforcement from people who relate to your experiences. Through your participation, you have the opportunity to help others grow.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Meets for six sessions, 2.5 hours each, free of cost.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- A toolkit of information
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications and side effects.
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system and juvenile justice system.
- Training in preparedness and emotional resiliency
- Skills related to managing crises, solving problems and communicating effectively.
- Strategies for self-care and for navigating the challenges presented by mental illness for each family member.
- Empowerment as an effective advocate for your child.
- Confidence and stamina for life-long understanding and support.
- A COMMUNITY. Perhaps most importantly, as a participant you can gain comfort in knowing you are not alone.
NAMI Basics Dates
Start Date: Sat, April 18, 2015
End Date: Sat, May 30, 2015
(Please Note: No Memorial Day Meeting)
217 Wisconsin Ave, Ste 300
Waukesha, WI 53186
Robyn Hardt-Schultz and Christy Bowden
Please contact Barbara Ducey
P (262) 409-2743